Little Chatterbox Speech- Language, & Hearing Solutions, LLC - HELPING CHILDREN FIND THEIR VOICE
RSS

Recent Posts

In Recognition of Occupational Therapy Awareness
In Recognition of Teacher Appreciation Week
June is National Congenital Cytomegalovirus (CMV) Awareness Month.
Autism Awareness Month 2016
Robin in therapy with R. D.

Categories

Autism Spectrum Disorder
Causes
Cytomegalovirus
Food for Thought
Fun Facts
Helping Children Find Their Voice
Holiday Greetings!
Testimonials
Therapy at the Splash Pad with K!
Therapy in Action
powered by

My Blog

Building a Foundation for Reading and Writing:

Building a Foundation for Reading and Writing: Birth through Preschool
D. L. and his mother working on pre-reading skills to promote literacy skills.
TIPS FOR SUCCESS

*Read aloud to children several times a day.
*When you are reading to your child, allow him/her to actively participate. Let him/her   point to pictures and words and help turn the pages.
*Have books in every room of the house.
*Label things around the house such as cabinets, appliances, lamps, furniture, doors, etc.
*Talk to children and encourage them to communicate, whether it is gurgles from a baby or questions from a 4-year-old.
*Have lots of ABC activities such as magnets for the refrigerator, foam letters for   the bathtub, and puzzles.
*Allow children to look through magazines and newspapers.
*Let your children see you reading.

10 Comments to Building a Foundation for Reading and Writing::

Comments RSS
www.aubestsessays.com on Saturday, August 18, 2018 6:28 AM
Your beautiful thoughts are the message of hope and success for me. Its very motivational post and I must say it added a lot of amount of energy in me. Thanks for sharing this post.
Reply to comment

adi on Tuesday, October 30, 2018 5:48 AM
awesome
Reply to comment

livecareer on Friday, November 9, 2018 12:53 AM
Teaching a child to read and write at an early stage helps them develop their speaking ability, especially communicating to other people. You made a very educative blog for all the new parents and also for the future parents. During the past week, I have an essay assignment given by my professor, to write something about teaching a child. I had a fleeting time on doing the essay so I come up with the idea to search on an online essay writing site. I ordered a paper to help me do my assignment, so when I got the paper, it lends me a useful fact about the topic you shared. Online essay writing site came a very big help for me as a student and so did your post. It's a pleasure for me to read your post.
Reply to comment

worldBI on Tuesday, December 18, 2018 3:29 AM
Reply to comment

worldBI on Tuesday, December 18, 2018 3:31 AM
I must say it added a lot of amount of energy in me. Thanks for sharing this post. https://worldbigroup.com/conference/fifth-pharma-supply-chain/
Reply to comment

Cat5e plenum on Tuesday, April 23, 2019 8:23 AM
It is very essential that we should inculcate the habit of reading among the students. In this way, we will not only have good writers but good orators as well.
Reply to comment

Coin Master hack on Thursday, August 29, 2019 6:33 AM
Reply to comment

get food in dragon city on Tuesday, September 3, 2019 9:43 AM
The best part is that you have different dragons like clean, earth, legend, fire, dark, plant, metal, water, electricity and ice. What are you waiting for? You must land more than 160 targets.
Reply to comment

mens brown cafe racer leather jacket on Monday, October 28, 2019 6:18 AM
Your article is such an informative article. It is glad to read such articles. Thanks for sharing.
Reply to comment

1337x unblock proxy on Monday, January 20, 2020 3:55 AM
Good read always prefer to read the quality content
Reply to comment